How to Fix QuickBooks Update Error 15215? (Solved)
Intuit Introduced the Quickbooks software to provide accounting solutions for small and medium-sized businesses to effectively manage all the on-going operations in the business. In order to enhance the user experience and services, intuit is keep on updating the features and services of the Quickbooks software. However, while updating the Quickbooks software to the latest release, you might encounter the Quickbooks error 15215. This error generally occurs while downloading the payroll or while installing the maintenance release of the Quickbooks software. When you will encounter this error, an error message of “Server not responding” or “limited access” will be displayed on the screen.
If you have encountered this error, then you are required to take quick measures in order to resolve this issue. In this blog, we will explain how you can troubleshoot this issue along with some common reasons that can cause this issue.
Issues that lead to Quickbooks Error 15215
This Quickbooks error can occur in your system because of various reasons. However, we have listed below some common issues for this Quickbooks error.
- The incorrect configuration of the Microsoft component can lead to this error.
- If the Quickbooks software is unable to verify the while downloading or installing the Quickbooks software then you may encounter this error.
- Error while installing the Quickbooks program can lead to this error.
- Due to malicious files or programs.
Effects of Quickbooks Error 15215
Below are some of the symptoms of this Quickbooks error that you might face.
- The Error will appear on the screen and then running the program will crash suddenly.
- Display of the error message on the screen such as “Quickbooks error 15215”.
- Your PC will start processing slowly and also respond slowly to the command given from the keyboard or mouse.
- While running the same program, your PC will start crashing frequently.
Methods to Fix Quickbooks Error 15215
If you are facing any of the symptoms mentioned above then you can follow the methods mentioned below to troubleshoot this error. Make sure to follow these steps in order to perform the troubleshooting process properly.
Method: 1 Start Quickbooks as Administrator
- Begin this process by closing all the running programs.
- Now go to the desktop screen and right-click on Desktop Icon and click on the “Run as Administrator” option.
- After this, when you get this message “Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer” then click on the “yes” option.
- After this, open the Quickbooks software and process the task again where you get this Quickbooks error. If you are still getting the error then proceed to the next method
Method: 2 Enable TLS 1.0
- Close all the running programs including the Quickbooks software.
- Double-click on the internet explorer icon from the desktop.
- Go to the Tools menu and open internet settings.
- After this go to the advanced tab and click on advanced settings.
- Now from the list ensure that the TLS 1.0 is marked and TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 are unmarked in the list.
- Now click ok and then reboot your device.
- Restart the Quickbooks software again and check whether the error has been resolved or not.
Method: 3 Windows in Selective Startup Mode
- Shut down the running Quickbooks software first.
- Now start the run program. Follow these steps based on the windows version you are using.
- If you are using Windows XP then click on the start menu and go running.
- For Windows 7 and Vista users. Go to start menu then all program then accessories and then click on Run.
- Windows 8 and 10 users can press the Windows key + r key.
- After this enters “misconfig” in the Run dialog box.
- Now the configuration utility window will be open on the screen.
- After this unmark the Load Startup from the list and mark the selective startup item from the options.
- Choose the save option to save the settings and then click on Ok.
- Restart your device and then restart the Quickbooks software.
- After this, you have to download the Tax table for the current year.
- Follow the steps again to open the system configuration utility window and then choose the normal startup mode and click on Save and Ok.
- Restart your system again.
These are some of the well-known methods that you can use if you have encountered Quickbooks Error 15215. If while working or updating Quickbooks, if you have got Quickbooks error 15106 then it can be because of the spy sweeper software in your device. In case, you are not able to resolve this issue on your own then you need to reach out to experts at Quickbooks.