How to Repair “Quickbooks Error THE FILE EXISTS” – Complete Guide
In the era of technology, Intuit comes up with a wonderful software package, QuickBooks, for small and mid-sized companies around the world. This software handles the accounting and bookkeeping activities of any business in an effective and efficient way. From contactless bill payment to tax managements, from tracking inventories to manage employees, vendors, clients in different sections make this software best among other accounting software.
Software being software and having an error while working within Quickbooks is the most common and fortunate that many QB users often face. Quickbooks Error The File Exists is one such error that interrupts your workflow until you fix it.
In this post, we are going to discuss QuickBooks Error The File Exists with all the possible factors and the solution to fix it.
Quickbooks Error The File Exists: Definition
When a QB user tries to download payroll updates, open a federal/state and make payment of liabilities, the QuickBooks Error the File Exists emerges within Quickbooks. When this error takes place in your system an error message flashes on the screen stating: Quickbooks The Windows Error was The File Exists.
There are several reasons behind the emergence of this error that is explained in the next paragraph of this post.
Factors that Support Quickbooks Error Message The File Exists
- Poor Internet connection
- The system has an outdated Firewall
- Trying to access two files at once.
- Using an outdated version of QB Desktop.
- Improper Internet security settings on your system.
- Incomplete QB software Installation
- Lack of admin rights on your computer.
- Windows User Account Control interrupting QuickBooks
Troubleshooting Steps To Resolve Quickbooks Error The File Exists
1: Update Quickbooks Software
- Click on the ok option in the error message window until the is flashing
- Close Quickbooks and reopen again
- Click on the help menu with QB desktop
- Choose Quickbooks update option and then update now option
- Click on the reset update to delete all the previous update
- Now choose the get update option to initiate the download
- Restart the computer to save the update
- Right-click on the QB icon and choose run as Administrative for admin rights.
2: Disable Windows UAC
- Open the Window setting on the system
- Now choose the Users Account Control (UAC) option
- If the UAC is On, turn it off
- Restart the computer and update the QB payroll
3: Re-register QuickBooks .DLL and .OCX File By Using Reboot.bat File
- Close all the files as well as QB desktop.
- Click on the QB and choose properties.
- Choose the Open file location where you find the reboot.bat file.
- Right-click on the reboot.bat the file and select run as administrator.
- Now wait until the command prompt opens and close itself.
- Restart the window check whether the error resolves or not.
4: Allow Complete Control Access
- Right-click on the QB icon and choose Open File Location
- Now delete the file address with the backspace
- Click on the QB folder choose the Properties option>> Security Section>> Edit>> Add
- Now Select Everyone and hit the ok button
- Now choose the Full Control option and click on the Apply button
- Now restart the system to finish the process
Also Read, Methods To Resolve Quickbooks Error 15270
5: Reinstall the QB Desktop
- Open the Run window and type “appwiz.cpl” in the search box
- Double-click on QuickBooks and choose the Uninstall option
- Follow the instruction on the screen to uninstall the software.
- After removing the old software, download the QB software from the official site of Intuit.
- Save the setup file on the system
- Now follow the on-screen instruction to successfully install the QB software on the system
6: Fix Quickbooks Windows Error The File Exists While Printing
- Open Run Window and type control to open Control Panel
- Now choose the Device and Printer option
- Remove the printer from the list in which you are having issues.
- Press the Ctrl+ATL+Del together to open the Task Manager
- Fins QBW32.exe, right-click on it, and select the Yes option to finish the process.
- Go to the C drive then Program Data, Intuit and QuickBooks. (C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Intuit\(QuickBooks_version)\TSPrinterSettings\)
- Now find and remove the file QBPRINT.qbp
- Restart the system and try to print again.
Regarding, all the above-stated solutions, I hope, you successfully resolve the Quickbooks error the file exists. The above methods are explained in a step-by-step guide that eases the way of fixation for the users.
In case, you find any difficulties resolving this error, you are requested to contact QuickBooks customer support experts. They have years of experience in resolving QB errors. They will surely assist you to resolve the error in no time.