How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15270 – Complete Fixation Guide
Quickbooks error 15270 is an update error that occurs in Quickbooks while updating Quickbooks payroll. Quickbooks payroll is the most important feature offered by Quickbooks to handle all the intricate tasks of payroll management.
Nowadays, Quickbooks has immensely shown great growth in the field of accounting and bookkeeping management. Because of its user-friendly offering and features that make the accounting work easy and simple. One of the QuickBooks features is QB payroll that helps to do a direct deposit to employees, Fill-up State tax forms, federal tax forms, maintain E-Pay & E-File, Print W-2s, and much more. But if this amazing feature is unable to update to its latest release due to some error like Quickbooks error 15270, then what will you do? Do not worry we have the solution to fix this update error.
What is Quickbooks Update Error 15270?
Quickbooks Update Error 15270 is one such error that interrupts the updating procedure of QB payroll.
When this error arrives your computer screen flashes with an error message that states: “QuickBooks Desktop Error 15270: Payroll update did not complete successfully. The update is missing a file”.
Factors that Cause Quickbooks Error code 15270
These are some of the factors that support the Quickbooks error 15270 to occurs.
- Poor network Connection, lack of memory, or untimely termination of the program.
- Sometimes User Account Settings interfere with the update functions of QuickBooks.
- If Internet Explorer is not set as Default Browser
- Improper program files or incomplete installation of QuickBooks
Symptoms of Quickbooks Essential Error 15270
- All active programs running on your desktop window get crashed
- The computer suddenly collapses while running a similar program
- The system will start work slowly and sluggishly.
- An error message appeared on the display screen.
How to Resolve Quickbooks Error 15270?
There are several methods to resolve error 15270 Quickbooks in no time. You just have to follow the below written instructions as described.
#1: Install Quickbooks through Selective Startup Mode
Before applying the methods, make sure the QB payroll subscription is active
- Now open the QB payroll and select the Employees Tab
- Go to the My payroll Service Tab and choose Account/Billing info or Account Info/Preferences option
- Now log in to the Intuit account with the correct credentials
- QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance page and the subscription activity
- Now make sure the Internet Explorer is set as the default browser
- After that, disable the UAC ( User Account Control) icon temporarily.
- choose the Repair Quickbooks Desktop option
- Now choose the Selective Startup tab to perform the clean installation process.
#2: Manually Update Quickbooks
- Restart the Quickbooks
- Go to the Quickbooks update service and click on the Install later option
- Now click the Help icon and select the update Quickbooks option
- After that, choose the reset Update option.
- Mark the Reset update option then choose the Get updates option and click on the Ok button
- The updating procedure starts after completing the above steps.
- Now restart the system after completing the update.
- Now go to the Employees tab and select the Get Payroll Update option
- Moving ahead, try to update payroll again and for this, the user needs to choose the Download entire payroll update option in order to install the payroll update.
- At last, select the update option to payroll manually.
You Can Also Read, Quick Ways To Troubleshoot Quickbooks Error 6189 and 816
#3: Run Reebot.bat file
- Close the Quickbooks accounting software
- Right-click on the QuickBooks icon and select the properties option.
- Go to the Open File Location option to find the folder that has the Reboot.bat file
- After finding the Reboot.bat file, right-click on it and select the Run as administrator option.
- Now the command prompt open with rapidly scrolling file names
- Once the scrolling file names stop the command prompt will automatically get closed.
- Now restart the system.
#4: Fix the Error through Quickbooks Tool hub
- Download the Quickbooks tool hub from the official site of Intuit.
- Now save the setup file on the system and run it on QuickBooksToolHub.exe to install it.
- Now open the QB tool hub and go to the Installation issue tab.
- Here, select the option Quickbooks Install diagnostic tool
- The scan procedure starts that take up to 20 minutes to scan the system and resolve the error
- Now after the scan, restart the system
Regarding all the above methods, hopefully, the Quickbooks error 15270 get resolved from the system. If not then you are requested to contact Quickbooks customer support experts. They are trained to resolve these types of QB errors and have years of experience. They will surely help you out in this situation where you can’t find any way o fix the error on your own.