How to Fix Quickbooks error 6189 and 816? – Complete Guide
Quickbooks error 6189 and 816 is one such QB error that interrupts the workflow of the users and you will get irritated a bit from the appearance of this error. If you are the one, facing this error on your system then this post is just for you. Read the post to the end to know more about the error in detail.
QuickBooks is the ultimate package of software to maintain accounting and bookkeeping activities of small and mid-sized enterprises. Intuit develops the idea of changing the work style of maintaining accounting procedures. Through Quickbooks, a user can manage all the intricate tasks of accounting in no time that a human can take hours of doing the same task. It works on a cloud-based interface that makes it more user- friendly as a user can access the company file wherever and whenever he/she wants.
But despite being such wonderful software, this software has some flaws called QB errors. Quickbooks error -6189,-816 is one such error that occurred within the Quickbooks company file. This post will tell you how to fix this error on your own in time with numerous solutions.
What is QuickBooks Error 6189 and 816?
Quickbooks error 6189 816 is related to the company file. When a user tries to access the company file in a multi-user mode through a network device, the Quickbooks error 6189 and 816 occurs. While the error emerges on the system it denies access to the company file and interrupts the workflow.
Quickbooks error 6189 816 is basically a run time error that appears with the error message: An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file (-6189, -816). This kind of issue signifies that the error is sometimes connected with the multi-user network and has no reference to the data.
Factors that Cause Quickbooks Error -6189 -816
There are several reasons that triggered the Quickbooks error 6189 and 816 to emerge.
- When QuickBooks elements are broken or missing
- The QB company file running on Network PC through a program
- The vital drivers of Quickbooks that are important to run Quickbooks, is deleted
- If the software is infected with a virus or malware
- Quickbooks Windows Registry has some problems in QB written account price.
- When the Quickbooks Hosting method has some hassle.
- If Damaged network data supply file on the QuickBooks server
Solutions to Fix the Quickbooks error 6189, 816
Method 1: Restart the PC and the Server
- Restart the server computer and then reboot the workstation
- Open the Quickbooks desktop on the server system
- Restarting the QB desktop on the server system, the user is required to open the QB desktop on each workstation
Method 2: Run Quickbooks Tool Hub
- Download the QB tool hub from the official site of Intuit.
- Save the setup file and then run it on the QBFD.exe to install it on the system.
Step 1: Use Quick Fix My Problem
- Open the Quickbook tool hub and then go to the fourth tab Problem Problem
- Now select the Quick Fix My Problem option to start the scan by browsing the company file that needs a diagnosis
Step 2: Run Quickbooks Database Server manager
- Open the Quickbooks tool hub
- Now go to the network Issue tab
- Select the QuickBooks Database server manager
- Now browse the file that needs a diagnosis then clicks on the Scan option to start the scanning to get rid of the Quickbooks Error -6189 -816
Method 3: Change the Location of the Company file
- Transfer the Company file from one to another
- The user can also transfer the Quickbooks data file on the server system’s hard drive.
- Do not store the company file data on removable drives as these types of drivers are not made to The user can also transfer the Quickbooks data file on the server system’s hard drive.
You can Also Read, Methods To Resolve Quickbooks Error 404
Method 4: Run Quickbooks Refresh Tool
- Download and install the QB refresh tool from the official site of Intuit.
- Make sure there’s no running application in the background
- Now run the tool on the system and then reopen the Quickbooks again
Method 5: Create a Backup file
- Create a backup of the company file on the old system
- Now restore the backup on the new system with help of the flash drive or external device
- You can also use a network if the system is connected
Regarding all the above methods, I hope, you successfully redeem the Quickbooks error 6189 and 816 from the system in the first place. If not then you are advised to contact the customer experts of Quickbooks. They have years of experience in fixing QB errors. They will surely assist you to resolve the error.