Fix Quickbooks Error 15106 – Simple Steps
Quickbooks software is one of the smart accounting softwaer that avails users to handle the financial operations of the business in the most convenient way. While working on Quickbooks software, you might encounter the Quickbooks update error 15106 while using the update feature in Quickbooks. This error message denotes there is an issue in the Quickbooks update program. You might encounter this issue while trying to update the payroll in Quickbooks. However, there are some quick ways available through which you can troubleshoot this issue in no time.
Many of the Quickbooks users have reported this issue across the world about getting the Quickbooks error 15106 while trying to update the payroll service. In this blog, we will explain to you what are the causes of this Quickbooks error with some quick solutions. You can follow this solution if you have got this Quickbooks issue.
What are the causes of Quickbooks Update Error 15106?
While working on the Quickbooks software or while using the payroll update service many users have encountered this issue. An error message displays on the screen when the user encounters this error that says “The Update program is Damaged or Cannot Open Update program”. There could be two possible reasons that can cause this error which is listed below:
- If you are using the Webroot Anti-virus then it might be because of the Spy Sweeper present in it.
- This issue can also occur if the user might have logged in with credentials that don’t have the admin rights. This can lead to this Quickbooks error as the user doesn’t have enough right to create or edit files in Quickbooks.
Steps to Fix Quickbooks Update Error 15106
In case, you have encountered this Quickbooks error then don’t need to panic about anything. There are some quick ways available through which you can troubleshoot this issue in no time. We have listed below the method that can be used to resolve this Quickbooks error 15106. Make sure to follow these steps in order to fix the issue properly.
- If you have recently encountered this issue the check if you are logged in as administrator or not. If not then restart your device and log in as an administrator while using the Quickbooks software. This might help you in troubleshooting the issue quickly. However, if you are still getting the error even after logging as administrator then follow the next steps.
- Sometimes, you might get this issue because of the presence of the SPY Sweeper in your system. You can locate the location of SPY sweeper in your system by following the steps below.
- First of all, open the task manager window by pressing the CTRL+Shift +ESC key.
- Now click on the process tab and then go through the list to locate the sweeper.exe file.
- If you have got the file in the processes tab then open the control panel and go to the add/remove programs and uninstall it from there to resolve the Quickbooks error 15106.
- In case, the sweeper.exe file is not present in the processes tab then you need to go to the following location: C:\ program files\common files\intuit\Quickbooksxx\ Components. After this, you have to rename the download<nn> to DownloadQb<nn> old and then reset the Quickbooks Update program. This way you can troubleshoot the Quickbooks error 15106.
- In case, you have tried the above method and you are still getting the error then you need to disable the user account control temporarily. The process to disable the user account control can vary depending of the version of your windows.
- If you have started Quickbooks is Selective startup mode and you are still not able to troubleshoot the issue then you are required to perform a clean install of the Quickbooks software. This will remove all the components of the Quickbooks software and re-install it from scratch. After installing the Quickbooks software, login into your Quickbooks account and set up your account.
There were some of the methods that you can use if you are getting the Quickbooks error 15106. However, you might also encounter the Quickbooks error 1016 while working on Quickbooks. You can fix this error with the steps mentioned in the article.
If you have tried the above methods and still getting the error you can contact Experts at Quickbooks. They will help you in troubleshooting this issue with the best possible solution.