How to Fix Quickbooks Error 1016? [Resolved]
Quickbooks softwaer allows the users to link their bank accounts in Quickbooks to make it more convenient for them to manage and operate the transactions. However, while working with bank transactions in Quickbooks, you might encounter Quickbooks error 1016. This error generally occurs when you try to download bank transactions from Quickbooks or while using the other banking service in Quickbooks. However, there is no need to worry about anything. There are some Quick ways available that can be used to fix this Quickbooks error.
In this blog, we will explain to you what are the causes of this Quickbooks error and how you can troubleshoot this error.
Whats is Quickbooks error 1016 and its Causes?
The Quickbooks error 1016 generally occurs when you try to access the banking service of the Quickbooks software. The banking setup error might occur due to an inactive bank account or due to any other reason. However, you can take some quick measures in order to fix this issue.
Reasons Behind Quickbooks Error 1016
We have listed below some of the common causes of this Quickbooks error. Make sure to go through the causes of this error. This will eventually help you in troubleshooting the issue properly.
- This Quickbooks error occurs while accessing the banking service. Hence any kind of change in the configuration of the User’s banks like their service offerings, bank name, Director web connect, etc. which is not updated in the Quickbooks software can lead to this issue.
- Quickbooks error 1016 can occur if the user is using an inactive bank account.
- Corrupted or damaged Imported files can lead to this error.
- Due to internet connectivity issues.
- You might be getting this issue because of one or more accounts in the Quickbooks software.
- You can also get this error if you are using an outdated Quickbooks version.
Troubleshooting Methods for Quickbooks error 1016
If you have encountered Quickbooks error 1016 then you need to follow these methods in order to troubleshoot the Quickbooks error. However, if you are not able to fix this issue on your own then you can contact experts at Quickbooks. They will help you with some quick methods to fix the issue in no time.
Method: 1 TLS 1.2 Protocol
- Double-click on the Internet Explorer icon from the desktop to open.
- Click on the Gear icon on the top-right corner and choose the internet option.
- Now open the advanced tab and scroll through the security options.
- Mark the checkbox of TLS 1.2 and then click on Apply.
- Click on Ok to save the changes and then restart your computer.
Method: 2 Create Test Company File
Follow this method to know in detail about the cause of this Quickbooks error.
- Double-click on the Quickbooks icon to open it.
- Click on the file menu and then choose the new Company option.
- Click on the start button and then setup up the bank account in this company file.
- After setting up the account, try downloading the transactions to check whether the error has been resolved or not.
If you are getting the same error while downloading the transaction then there is some issue with your bank server. You need to contact them to resolve the issue.
Method: 3 Run Account Set Up
This process will help you in establishing a connection with your bank account. Make sure to create a backup of the Quickbooks company file before proceeding to the troubleshooting steps to avoid any kind of error. Follow these steps in order to resolve the issue properly.
- Open the Quickbooks software and check for all the inactive accounts that is causing this issue.
- Go to the settings and disable the accounts for online services.
- Now open the bank feed setup process and keep on holding the CTRL key through the process.
- Open the banking window and click on the bank feed option.
- Open the bank feed center window and Click on the send/receive button while holding the CTRL-key.
- Release the CTRL key after the PIN screen appears on the screen.
- Now enter the PIN in the box and click on OK.
Keep on holding the CTRL key until the download has been completed message appears on the screen. In case, the error message of Quickbooks 1016 appears then this issue cannot be resolved by using the bypass methods. In case, you have encountered the Quickbooks Error 6000 then use the QB tool hub to fix the issue.
These are some of the simple and quick ways that you can use in case you are facing this Quickbooks error. You can also contact Professionals to get assistance from them to resolve this issue.