While working on the Quickbooks software, the Quickbooks Error 404 generally occurs when there is any kind of an issue while connecting Quickbooks to the intuit servers. The Quickbooks software requires to connect to the servers in order to send, receive, download information within the Quickbooks software. Hence, the issue in the internal service requests causes this Quickbooks error. You might get the Quickbooks error 404 in various forms that completely depend upon the interpretation of the error at that time in the windows. Here are some of the synonyms of the Quickbooks error 404 that you might encounter.
- Service Message Error #404
- Error 404 Pages not Found
- Quickbooks Update Error 404
- Intuit Error 404
In this blog, we will help you with some of the best methods that you can follow if you have encountered this error. But before leading to the troubleshooting methods, let us have a look at the symptoms and causes of this Quickbooks error.
Effects of Quickbooks Error 404
- You will get a message that says “The website is not found on the server”.
- The page you are trying to connect is banned while the URL is still the same.
- The error message will occur and the program will crash.
- Your computer will start crashing frequently.
- You will get the “Quickbooks Error 404” message displayed on the screen.
Reasons that Leads to Quickbooks Error 404
As per the reasons reported by users, we have listed below some of the common causes of this Quickbooks error.
- This error can occur if there is any issue in syncing the page or server.
- The service URL got rejected.
- Due to failed or Incomplete update can cause Quickbooks Error 404.
- Due to Unreachable Components, Quickbooks Error 404 can occur.
- Latency and Bandwidth can be considered as the prime reason behind this quickbooks error.
If you have encountered this issue then there is no need to worry. You can follow the steps mentioned below in order to resolve the issue in no time.
Solution: 1 Check the Bandwidth
- Go to the Internet Explorer window and run any of the websites that you have been using frequently.
- If there an issue or lagging of the URL while opening then change the internet settings and then try connecting again.
- However, if you are getting error message such as “Page Can’t be Loaded” or “Connect to the Internet” then Restart your Router or internet switch and then try connecting the website again
- If the error still persists then you need to contact your ISP before leading to the next step.
- Now restart your device and set Internet Browser as your default browser.
- Repeat the process again where you got the Quickbooks error 404.
Solution: 2 Configure Internet Settings
- Go to the Internet Explorer window and choose the tools menu and click on the Internet option.
- Open the Security tab and then choose the trusted sites option and click on add site.
- Now add *.intuit.com and *.quickbooks.com in the list of trusted websites.
- Click on Ok to save the changes and then log out from your Quickbooks account.
- Restart the Quickbooks software and check whether the error has been resolved or not.
Solution: 3 Update Quickbooks Desktop
If you have tried the above-mentioned methods and you are still getting the Quickbooks error then it might be because of outdated Quickbooks version. You can follow these steps to update the Quickbooks software to the latest release.
- Open the Quickbooks softwaer and go to the help menu.
- Now click on the “Check for Updates” option.
- If there is any update available then click on the “Update now” option.
- Follow the prompted instructions to complete the update process.
- Restart your device after updating and then check if the Quickbooks Error 404 still persists or not.
So these are some of the Quick methods available that you can use if you have encountered Quickbooks Error 404. You might get Quickbooks error 15215 while accessing the Quickbooks company file. you need to fix this error soon to avoid any data loss. In case, you need some assistance regarding these troubleshooting methods then you can contact professionals from Quickbooks.